This sparks a madcap stoner buddy action/comedy adventure that went on to gross more than one hundred million dollars worldwide. There are several pineapple-named varieties in existence, including Pineapple Punch from Flying Dutchmen Seed Company. You’ll surely need a super-special kind of herb to give this cannabis cake its trademark fruity aroma.
- 6 canned pineapple slices, drained
- 12 tablespoons cannabutter (see our previous blog on how to make cannabutter)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark rum (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Position a rack in the lower third of your oven and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch round pie pan. Place the pineapple slices flat in the bottom of pan so they touch but don’t overlap.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine 6 tablespoons cannabutter with ½ cup of the granulated sugar and ½ cup of the light brown sugar. As the butter melts, stir to blend the ingredients, then spread over the pineapple slices. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, rum(optional), remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and vanilla. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, in a large bowl, beat the remaining 6 tablespoons of cannabutter for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Slowly add 1 1/2 cups of the granulated sugar and continue beating at medium speed until light and fluffy (approximately 5 minutes). Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk mixture until everything’s well incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean (approximately 50 to 55 minutes). Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 15 minutes.
- Tap the pan gently to loosen the cake, run a knife around the edge to loosen, then invert the pan onto a cake plate so pineapple slices are on top. Place one cherry in the center of each pineapple slice. Let cake cool 45 minutes before eating.